Your Guide to Housekeeping.Your medicine cabinet is overflowing. You can't remember what color the tile in your shower used to be. An invisible person wouldn't be able to recognize himself in your dingy mirror. Have hope. This spring cleaning how-to will get your bathroom back in shape.
Difficulty: Average Time Required: 45 minutes-1 hour
1. Follow the 15 Minute Bathroom Cleanup. This will get rid of trash and laundry, enabling you to deeply clean the room. Don't do the floors in the 15 minute cleanup. We'll do that in a later step.
2. Dust down the ceiling and corners. Consider if the walls in your home need to be washed. Dust and clean all wall art. Be careful when cleaning framed art and photographs. Never spray cleaner or water onto the frame. The liquid can seep behind the glass and damage the pictures. Instead light wet a clean cloth to wipe the frame and glass.
3. Dust the vents and fans. Dust the outside of vents and fans. You may need to use a gentle cleanser mixed with water and a cleaning cloth. Take down light fixtures and gently wash and dry them before replacing.
4. Take down draperies, curtains, blinds, etc, to wash or have cleaned according to the directions. Dust down any blinds and other window treatments. Dust down and wash windowsills and corners. Wash the inside and outsides of windows. Take down and rinse off screens, before replacing.
5. Scrub the shower and tub. Don’t forget fixtures. Launder or clean your shower curtain and replace the shower curtain liner. Clean shower doors. Dissolve soap scum buildup with commercial cleaner or natural cleaners. Do not use lemons and vinegar or other acidic cleansers on tile grout. The cleansers will eat away the grout.