What are natural ingredients?
From The Natural Ingredient Resource Center
NATURAL INGREDIENT CRITERIA
Natural Ingredients include
plant, animal, mineral or
- present in or produced by nature.
- produced using minimal physical processing.*
- directly extracted using simple methods, simple chemical reactions or resulting from naturally occurring biological processes.*
Natural ingredients are...
- grown, harvested, raised and processed in an ecological manner.
- not produced synthetically.
- free of all petrochemicals.
- not extracted or processed using petrochemicals.
- not extracted or processed using anything other than natural ingredients as solvents.
- not exposed to irradiation.
- not genetically engineered & do not contain GMOs (genetically modified organisms).
Natural ingredients do...
- not contain synthetic ingredients.**
- not contain artificial ingredients including colors or flavoring.
- not contain synthetic chemical preservatives.